St. Patrick’s Day is a day to celebrate the rich and fruitful Irish culture. While going out can be fun and exciting, it’s important to take your personal safety seriously. Here are some tips on how to stay safe at any event while you’re out on St. Patrick’s Day.
- Arm your alarm monitoring system before you leave: Before you leave the house to search for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow make sure you lock up everything at home and arm your home security alarm. Take a look at the Alarm Relay’s 7 tips and tricks to keep your home locked tight while you’re out for the evening!
- Don’t drink too much green beer: During a large event, night at the bar or party it can be easy to let the night get away from us. Agreeing ahead of time to not drink too much is something many people promise before we find ourselves with a horrible hangover. It is estimated that around 2,200 deaths occur from alcohol poisoning in the United States of America every year, so be sure to not take too many shots of Irish whiskey.
- Make sure you have a sober ride home: Hopefully it’s already ingrained in your mind to not drink and drive due to how many people pass away from drunk drivers, and also the personal cost of a DUI. But if you think you feel fine there are plenty home breathalyzer tests you can buy to assure your personal safety and protect everyone else on the roads. To be on the safest side possible, if you are consuming alcohol make sure you have a designated driver.
- Program where you are going to be into your Rescu app: While enjoying your St. Patrick’s Day festivities, remember that danger can quickly arise in a public setting or amongst large groups of people.. Before you leave your home, program the address of wherever you are going into your Rescu app. In the event of an emergency, first-responders are only two taps away.
- Don’t let yourself worry: “Did I leave the lights on?”, “Did I arm my alarm system?”, “Did I even remember to lock the front door?”, These are questions that can drive you crazy when you’re out and quickly ruin your night! A smart home alarm monitoring app can bring you quick peace of mind when your mind starts to worry. Click here to learn how you can control and monitor every feature of your home.
Don’t rely on the Luck of the Irish to protect you this St. Patrick’s Day, you have the power and independence to safeguard you and your loved ones. Stay safe, and don’t forget to tell your friends and family “Irish you a Happy St. Patty’s Day!”