Each year, more than 2.5 million home intrusions are reported in the United States, making us the leader in the world in burglary occurrences. That is about four break-ins every minute. This startling statistic proves that just having a home alarm system is not enough. Having it monitored is your first line of defense against intruders.
Anybody can take the time to have a home security system installed. Between sensors, cameras, alarms and other pieces of hardware, you may feel you are set in case of a break-in. However, without proper home alarm monitoring, your system will only work well if someone is home to hear the alarms go off in an emergency. What about if you are away? Who will protect your property then?
Why Home Alarm Monitoring Is so Important
Some people choose to not have their home security system monitored because they feel they don’t need it or because it costs too much to pay for the monthly fees. Besides having a professional surveillance team overseeing your safety and security, there are many other advantages of home alarm monitoring including:
- Automatic response: One of the most important parts of having a home security system is the swift and automatic response you will get if an alarm is activated on your property. You don’t have to rely on witnesses to report a break-in or accident. When an alarm is activated, your system sends a signal to the monitoring company that will contact the police.
- Fire emergency: A good monitoring company will have you connected to the fire department in case of an emergency. This type of system can sound an alarm if it detects high levels of carbon monoxide. Subsequently, if there is a fire, the fire department will be dispatched immediately.
- Panic response: If you were to panic during a break-in, you may be able to activate a crisis response where the monitoring company notifies the police for you.
Customer Service Is Key
When shopping for a home alarm system monitoring provider, make sure to check out its customer service ratings and feedback. You will want a company that holds its customer service to high standards especially when it comes to answering calls from customers. You want a customer service team who takes pride in offering 24/7 monitoring, and fast and automatic responses to emergencies.
You Get What You Pay For
A reputable monitoring system will have different packages available depending on a customer’s needs. While it may seem like monitoring is expensive, it really is affordable. Prices vary depending on the options selected and length of contract, but can you really put a price tag on having peace of mind? Some of the types of monitoring packages available include:
- Basic package: This usually requires having a landline and comes with the keypad, motion detector, door and window sensors, keychain remote and yard/window signs and decals. It may also include some sort of medical monitoring, as well as two-way voice communication, and heat and smoke, water and carbon monoxide monitoring.
- Advanced package: This package typically includes everything listed above plus weather alerts and home automation for an additional fee.
- Premier package: This top-tier package includes everything in the other two packages, but for a much better price. There are no additional charges for services.
The Next Step Is Yours
Don’t wait until a tragedy happens to consider home alarm system monitoring. Contact us today for more information on the types of monitoring services we offer.